Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Paper or Plastic?

I'm not talking about how you want your groceries sacked. I'm talking about paying for those groceries. Cash or credit card. Some people say that we'll become a cashless society. Bullshit. Those same people claimed that computers would make us a paperless society and I'm still waiting for that to happen.
I don't get these people that carry no cash. I used to own a store that sold postage stamps. This one idiot would come in periodically to buy one stamp. One stamp! And he'd pay for it with a credit card! Buddy, carry a couple of quarters on you. And once while in a donut shop some other idiot bought one donut and tried to pay with a credit card. The owners told him there was a $5 minimum for using his card. Good for her. I saw a similar message in a 2¢ copy shop. I can just see some idiot go in there, make one copy and pull out his MasterCard. Because he wants the airline miles. When I go downtown now it's usually to the library. Though it faces Young Street access to the parking garage is on Wood Street. There are also parking meters on Wood. Parking meters won't take your credit card.

No comments: